Thursday, April 19, 2018

get to know me!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lauren Elizabeth and every now and then I get some wild inspiration to share some of my really deep (and sometimes not so deep) thoughts with y'all. I started this blog back when I was a freshman in high school when I had the aspiration to make it big time as a blogger like Naomi Davis or Amber Fillerup. Maybe one day I'll share more than just one blog post every 6 months (doubtful).
I am 23 years old and I am trying to figure out life like most twenty-somethings are. I graduated from college almost a year ago now (woah). I am currently working as a front desk assistant during the week and I help at Best Bet Events during wedding season on the weekends. I went to school to be an event planner, but I've realized I am most passionate about decorating/design and creating beautiful things. I have moved from a small town to a big(ger) city. *just a small town girl, living in a lonely world* Just kidding, I'm not lonely. My boyfriend's name is Blake and he's keeps me company. We met (sort of) at a church lock-in. We've been dating almost a year now (← LOL if you saw the link). But let's get to the good stuff. The important stuff. Okay, this stuff isn't important at all but...

a few random things about myself:
  • Joanna Gaines is my style icon.
  • I know all of the words to Where is the Love by the Black Eyed Peas.
  • I used to live in Hawaii when I was little. It's probably the coolest thing about myself.
  • My dream vacation spot is either Greece or Italy.
  • I can really appreciate a nice, soft blanket.
  • I am the second oldest of four children. 
  • I've seen A Cinderella Story more times than I can count on my fingers.
  • Dog person. 'Nuf said.
  • My dream job is to be a nail polish namer or ice cream flavor tester if it paid the bills. Just kidding I would really love to be an interior designer.
  • I always sit with my feet up in the seat.
  • I'm super obsessed with scents. Candles, perfume, fabric softener. It's all good.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo LS